Traveling is about adventure, and if you’re looking to discover a new town or a new place, you need to opt for something a little beyond the norm — beginning with not staying in a resort! There are all kinds of options for booking a place to stay when you travel overseas (as well as locally). Some websites are obvious places to start your luxury accommodation search, while some you may not even realize exist. But the advantage of straying from the normal resorts is that you can potentially find a spot that allows you to more fully experience the charm and character of the city and the local culture.
Plus, these options are a lot cheaper (and more fun!) than hotels. Scroll on for five websites you should definitely take a look at the next time you are trying to book your travel accommodations. You’ll come across some gorgeous spots in these listings and your loved ones members and friends will be asking you how and at which you discovered such an wonderful place.
- Airbnb: This really is the most obvious and best-known choice, but it is one of the favourite mainstream accommodation sites to check out when planning for a trip. I’ve yet to have a bad experience with a booking from Airbnb. Each of the hosts have been incredibly nice and generous, and as locals, they have a surplus of ideas for places to eat and things to do and see.
- TrustedHousesitters: Do you love pets? Then this may be a great choice for you. This site is all about assisting homeowners (and pet owners) find trusted people to keep an eye on their houses and their pets while they’re away. Similar to Rover, once you finish your application, you are able to match up with homeowners that are traveling on the very same dates that you are. With the perks, you pay for your travel, but you are basically getting a free house to stay in while you’re exploring your city of choice. Additionally, there might be a cute small fluff-ball running around to keep you company. It’s pretty much a win-win.
- Glamping Hub: This is another website that is convenient and useful. Its style is more than just the normal clamping tents; you can find treehouses, yurts, camper vans, barns, miniature homes, cabins, and much more. In fact, there was a really cute country cottage that was the perfect spot for the girls’ excursion and similar to Airbnb, the website features lots of special places around the globe.
- Bed and Breakfast: If you love the allure of B&Bs, then this is the website for you. With only a quick search, you can explore a wide variety of over 30,000 properties worldwide. You could find your dream inn in an urban area, or perhaps in a rustic setting in case that’s more your speed. If you are after waterfront accommodation or beach styled AirB&Bs then you are able to filter them in your search. Whatever your taste, you will have the ability to select unique, home-y accommodations. With local innkeepers overseeing the region, you can easily get lots of recommendations for local outings, sights, dining, and much more.
- House for Exchange: Fans of the film The Holiday will Love this. Doing a home exchange is a great alternative for couples or families that live in cities that are popular tourist destinations, as you are going to have a higher chance of matching with someone abroad. Very similar to TrustedHousesitters, you still cover traveling, but you’ll have a place to stay for free. Additionally, this allows you to experience what it is like to live like a local, which can be priceless!